Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Peace

As I've been thinking about peace for the past 24 hours, my inner teacher just took over.  I realized most people know what peace IS, and that they would like to have it.  Then I began to wonder what other people have said about peace throughout the ages.  What I found was pretty interesting.  So, here's a matching game for those inclined to play. Match the saying with the sayer,  I took pity on everyone, and the answers are at the bottom.

1) Peace can not be kept by force;                                A.  Indira Gandhi
it can only be achieved by understanding.
2) Peace comes from within; do not seek                       B.  Ben Franklin
it without.

3) Peace begins with a smile.                                           C.  St. Paul

4) There never was a good war or a                                D.  Dalai Lami XIV
bad peace.

5) I can only have peace of mind when                          E.  Gerald Jampolsky
I forgive rather than judge.

6) You can not shake hands with a                                  F.  John Lennon
clenched fist.

7) For every minute you remain angry                             G.  Buddha
you give up 60 seconds peace of mind.

8) Imagine all the people living life in                               H.  Albert Einstein
peace.

9) We can never make peace in the outer                     I.  Mother Theresa
world until we make peace within ourselves.

10) Grace and peace to you                                            J.  Ralph Waldo Emerson   


Now, if you really want to DO SOMETHING ABOUT ACHIEVING PEACE whether it's the interior peace of mind or the exterior expression of peace pick one of the above quotations and practice it today.  Personally, I'm going to aim for #7 today.  


(10-C, 9-D, 8-F, 7-J, 6-A, 5-E, 4-B, 3-I, 2-G, 1-H)                                           

No comments: