Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Blog in Pictures: The Wind Cave Trail, Logan Canyon, Utah

The scenery around Logan is really spectacular, and in fact, there's a National Scenic Byway down into the Logan Canyon that starts right in town.  As you wind through the canyon, following the Logan River, there are numerous opportunities for hikes.  Today, we started the scenic drive, but paused to do the most well known hike along the byway:  The Wind Cave Hike is 4 miles round trip with a 1000 foot gain in elevation.  It's a series of steep switchbacks up the mountain, and I'm proud I made it to the top and back down.  ('Back down' is just a difficult and more painful for me.)  However, the scenery certainly took my mind off my aches and pains.  Here's the hike in pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/jalyss1/2012UtahBearRiverScenicDrAndWindCaveHike?authkey=Gv1sRgCN3J04ae1em7Sg#

No comments: