Thursday, August 27, 2015

Life is a Love/Hate Relationship

I love being old.

I hate being old.

I will be on Medicare in a few days.

I just scored on my first senior airfare.

I started lifting weights again after a three month lay-off; all muscles in my body hurt.

I don't care how old you are...it's hard to breathe at 8,555' of elevation.

I love having the time to actually visit with new people.

I love Drake's optimism - he thinks we are going to do a hike at 12,000' elevation.

I love being able to center my day around when the Texas Rangers play ball.

I hate centering my day around when the Texas Rangers play ball.

I love being able to indulge my travelin' feet for months at a time.

I love being done with child rearing.

I hate everyone is a grandmother except me.

I hate how pain has become incorporated into our lives.

I love having a self-disciplined husband.

I hate having a self-disciplined husband.

I love having two handfuls of library cards.

I love taking thousands of pictures of new places.

I hate having to learn new grocery store lay-outs CONSTANTLY!

I love learning what people in different parts of the country like to eat.

I love being back in Mexican food territory.

I hate being out of lobster country.

I love cool air in the summer.

I love warm air in the winter.

I love this life we lead.





No comments: