Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Who Doesn't Like Puffins?

I like birds.

I like bird colorations.


I like the challenge of taking pictures of birds with a camera which will fit in my pocket.


I'm even willing to get on a boat* to go look at birds.
*(Willingly boating by the Seasick Queen is the mark of exactly how serious I am about wanting to see birds. )

I don't like being thwarted* in my quest to see birds.
(Thus, I have held a fifteen year grudge against Drake and Sarah who outvoted me on our last visit to the Atlantic Maritimes when the question was whales or puffins?)

I finally got my puffins, and some other unlooked for birding benefits in our last boat outing* in Newfoundland.
(Well, last boat outing except for the upcoming 15 hour ferry ride back to the mainland.  Shudder.)

Click on the below link to see real, live puffins and murres with a few other birds thrown in.

https://goo.gl/photos/mtg1B2zAQAyoujZc6  

2 comments:

Cheri McGovern said...

Just sit in your car during the 15 hours and then you are driving! I can't imagine 15 hours on a ferry...sorry :(.

Jalyss said...

Cheri, Not so bad, really - if the sea cooperates - we have a cabin just like a cruise ship including a TV, private bath. Plus, there's a lounge, a buffet, a restaurant, an internet cafe, a gift shop, a clothes shop etc.